If there’s some aspect of the mountains, valleys, waterfalls or rock formations that intrigue you – or perhaps something a bit more challenging or off the beaten path, we can put together a custom adventure for you. We’ve done custom tours for authors looking for novel inspiration, meditation hikes for yogis, content-focused hikes for influencers, and everything in between. If you’re not sure what exactly you are looking for – you can even tell us some of your general interests, and we’ll propose something special for you.
Since every client is different, we don’t have a standard set of prices for custom adventures, but 6-8 hour trips start at $375 for up to two guests, and then $100 for each additional guest thereafter. Below are some of the possible trails and environments that are available – when filling out a contact form, please note the features that you would most like to experience:
- Mountaintop Summits
- Caves, Cracks and Grottos
- Deep Gorges and Rivers
- Abandoned Structures
- Ice formations
- Plane crashes
- Fire towers
- Sheer cliffs and ledges
- Evergreen forests
- Mountain Lakes
- Golden hour locations
- Micro-fauna – mushrooms, lichens, moss
- Historical features and locations
- Scenic Roadways and Bridges
Whether you are looking to disconnect and immerse yourself in a truly unique nature experience, where all of the details are taken care of, or are looking for an expert guide to get you to prime photo locations, we’re ready! With a Sony Point and Shoot camera ready to lend, you can get an introduction to nature photography while taking in the incredible views along one of the many available trails. Whichever adventure you seek, we’ll be working to get candid and posed photos for you throughout the day, so that you can keep reliving your experience for years to come.
We even offer custom drone photography and videography adventures, where we help get you to prime flying spots, assist with Visual Observers, landings, etc, as well as provide multiple drones to experience (current models include the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic Pro Original, and the Spark) the if you are considering to upgrade your own unit. In addition, if you are new to videography, we can bring gimbals and stabilized video equipment to teach you the basics. Browse the camera and equipment list below a note any cameras that you would like to try or be photographed with through your hike*:
- DJI Mavic 2 Zoom
- DJI Mavic Pro
- DJI Spark
- DJI Osmo
- DJI Osmo+
- Sony RX100 MKIII
- Spare drone batteries
- Camera microphones
*Cameras use requires refundable security deposit
For an additional fee, we can even edit video from your day into a special keepsake, or build in an editing session after the hike to quickly turn your videos into a cinematic masterpiece. Below is an example from a custom-tailored tour where the gentleman proposed to his girlfriend, and ordered the video keepsake to remember the moment forever.
- Packaged snacks and refreshments included throughout hike (please note any dietary restrictions)
- Pickup available from Hudson Amtrak Station or locations within reasonable distance from Great Northern Catskills
- Photos AirDropped or Emailed after hike
- Cold weather gear (microspikes and/or snowshoes) provided when applicable
- Please inquire about groups larger than 4 (group discounts available)
- In the event of bad weather (heavy rain, blizzard, etc), a rain check will be issued for a makeup day. Rain check does not expire.
- For cancellations more than 1 week from experience, a 50% refund will be provided. No refunds given for no-shows on day of the scheduled hike
- Signed liability waiver required (emailed to guests upon booking)
Ready to Start Planning Your Custom Adventure?
Fill out the contact form below, and let us know what you have in mind – or just some general ideas, and we can take it from there! We usually get back with a response within 24 hours, via email or a phone call.
Testimonials from Custom-Tailored Hikes
Scroll through some of our reviews below to see what the hype is all about.