For those that are up for a longer hike – and a bigger adventure – our mountaintop and plane crash hike offers a combination of views and features that you would be hard pressed to find anywhere else!
This trek is about 10 miles, and will take approximately 6-8 hours depending on your skill and fitness level. It is recommended that you have some prior hiking experience and good stamina to join for this hike! Hike is easily accessible (within one hour drive) of Albany, Hudson, Kingston, and many surrounding areas.
The hike begins in the Great Northern Catskills, and within 1 mile, we are already at scenic overlooks that give an incredible vantage point over the Hudson Valley. From there, we continue across several scrambles, through two different small caves, across a mountain ridge, and then on to the wreckage of the 1983 plane crash pictured above.
- Approximately 10 miles
- Approximately 1,000 feet of elevation change
- Overlook and mountaintop views
- Varieties of forest ecosystems and flora
- Challenging rock scramble sections
- Excellent photo opportunities
- Ability to see a real plane crash up close
- End with a refreshing lake swim
- Prehistoric boulder fields
The cost of this tour is $450 for up to four guests, and $75 for each additional guest thereafter. Tour includes:
- Round trip transportation for up to four guests is available from Hudson Train Station.
- Snacks and lunch (sandwiches, fruit, etc.)
- Photography throughout the tour
- Bug spray, sunscreen
- Photos airdropped or emailed after tour
"Book an experience with Brian! I'm an avid hiker and have been to the Hudson Valley area a few times in the past and still gained so much from this trip! Brian's friendly demeanor, combined with his hiking/outdoor experience made the day so memorable. Loved the photos as well. He was so easy to hang with. Highly recommend!" - Nicole, May 2019
To book or inquire about a tour, please fill out a form below and I will get back to you as soon as possible (usually within a few hours or less)