If you have been looking for something to do outdoors during the winter, but have already skied (perhaps at the nearby Hunter Mountain) – this is the adventure for you (and up to 5 of your best friends, family, or new hiking friends). We strongly recommend that you have some prior hiking experience before coming on this hike (or have completed one of our other guided hikes) – if this is your first time, please let us know, and we will ask you to arrive a bit early for an orientation session.
The trip will begin near Palenville, New York with a quick introduction, and then continue down and into the frozen areas of the Catskills’ pristine waterfalls and gorges. When conditions are just right – we will get up close and personal with some incredible formations -where blue ice and red rock meet for an incredible display of nature’s wonder.
- Dates available ranging from mid-November to mid-April
- All skill levels accommodated, but some prior hiking experience strongly encouraged
- Approximately 4 hours in duration, covering approximately 3.5 miles
- Moderately strenuous and easy/moderate difficulty
- Begins near Palenville, New York (2.5 hours from New York City)
- 18+ (or 14+ with parent/legal guardian present)
- Maximum group size of 6
- Water bottles, snacks (beef jerky, fruit, trail mix, cheese and crackers, etc) are provided
- iPhone pictures, some candids and actions, are taken by tour guide throughout trip so you can keep your phone in your pocket!
What You’ll Need
- Sturdy, closed toed shoes. Hiking boots are strongly encouraged.
- Warm, synthetic or insulated socks, gloves, and hat. NO COTTON!
- Base layer of clothing – ‘long johns’, thermals, or any other thin material that is not cotton.
- Winter Jacket(s) – available to borrow, if needed.
- Signed Liability Waiver
We provide the ice cleats needed for hiking in the winter on slippery terrain, and will work to get you comfortable wearing them and using them prior to any difficult sections of the hike. The trails that we cover can all be completed without ice cleats (and we will likely pass others on the trail when doing so), however, opting to use ice cleats improves your traction and stability on all terrain!
- Join an Existing Group (pending availability)
- $100, per person
- Schedule a New Booking
- $450, up to 5 guests
Ice hiking adventures begin at $100 per person (when joining an existing group – please inquire about dates) or $450 for up to four guests to create a new booking. If groups are mixed, 6 is the maximum number of guests that we will have out, but we can accept reservations for groups up to 10.
Please inquire about available dates using the form below!