When glaciers melted after the last ice age, melting waters flowed across what was a high plateau, cutting deep gorges and ravines through erosion across time. What was left behind – the Catskill Mountains – is home to 35 mountains that rise above 3,500′ in elevation above sea level.
Hikes in the Catskills, while not as tough as some of those out west, can be very challenging. There is even a section known as the Devil’s Path, which consistently ranks as one of the most difficult and dangerous non-technical hikes in the world. For that reason – its always great to have a guide!
Some of the terrain and features that we will cover on the way to the top include, depending on season:
- Using tree roots to climb rock ledges
- Steep inclines
- Trails along cliffs and ledges
- Difficult to locate trail markers
- Rocky and/or icy scrambles during winter
While taking on your first mountain summit may seem daunting – we’re here to help get you safely (and adventurously) to the top and back down again, while helping to capture incredible memories from the day. In addition, when weather and conditions permit, we’ll get a birds eye view of the summit from above – with pictures and videos for you to keep!
Some of our favorite summits in the Catskills include:
- Kaaterskill High Peak
- Indian Head
- Twin Mountain
- North Mountain
- Sugarloaf Mountain
- Wyndam High Peak
- Hunter Mountain
- Slide Mountain
- Join an Existing Group (pending availability)
- $80, per person
- Schedule a New Booking
- $349, up to 4 guests
- Trail guidance and instruction
- Equipment (if needed) and Safety Gear
- Candid action shots and posed photography throughout the day
- Aerial Drone Photos and Video
- Snacks and Refreshments
Please inquire about available dates using the form below!